Jan 17, 2013

Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Spaghetti



Find it on Pinterest 
Cook's Notes: Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Spaghetti sounded like something the whole family would enjoy. The ingredients are simple and I think most people have them in the house. That said, I prepared this a little differently than the recipe stated, in fact, I didn't use a crock pot. I had purchased a bag of Tyson's Grilled Ready to Eat Chicken, you know, the kind you put in salads? So I prepared the sauce as instructed and added my bag of chicken to the sauce after it was heated. I used all the same ingredients (just a little less chicken), just changed the way it was cooked. 
My Recommendations:
I would make the sauce a little saucier, it was pretty thick and as a result it clumped a little after it was mixed with the pasta.  The recipe calls for 3lb of chicken. That is A LOT of chicken, I think it would be too much, so I used half that and it was perfect. This makes a lot of pasta and we have a good amount of leftovers, and I fed 2 adults and 2 kids (one a tween boy). So keep that in mind.

What You Need:

    3 lb. chicken pieces 
     1 (2/3 oz.) pkg. Italian salad dressing mix 
     4 tbsp. melted butter 
     1 small onion
    chopped 1 garlic clove, chopped 
     1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup 
     8 oz. cream cheese 
     1/2 cup chicken broth 
     1 lb. of spaghetti

Directions:
Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. melted butter. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Add this mixture to crockpot and cook on low for an additional hour. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
**I will make this dish again, I think it is an easy and yummy weeknight dinner.**

Original recipe " Pinspiration" from My Daily Moment

No comments :