Jan 30, 2013

Honey Beer Bread




                                                               Find it on Pinterest
  
Cooks Note: I have to say, and this is a pretty bold statement, this is my FAVORITE thing I have ever made from Pinterest! This bread is to die for and took about 5 min to put together. I made this loaf and it was gone the same day (no, I didn't eat the whole loaf myself). I did not change anything about the recipe, and after the fact, I would still not change anything. I did make some honey butter to go with it, take your everyday spread and mix in some honey and you are set. It is really good on this bread. I think this bread would be great with Chili, soups or stews. Enjoy!

Honey Beer Bread Recipe (Adapted from Ezra Pound Cake)
Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted (**You can double this if you’d like**)

Method:
(Makes 1 loaf)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x 5x 3-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed. (I recommend popping your honey in the microwave for a few seconds beforehand to make it easier to stir in!)
Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. (Use a pastry brush to spread it around if you’d like.)
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

Find the Original "Pinspiration" at Gimme Some Oven
                                   

No comments :