Jan 29, 2013

Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Knock-Off


Find it on Pinterest

Cook's Note: I love eating at "The Outback" for 2 things : Alice Springs Chicken and the Bloomin' Onion - that being said, I never get to go out to eat much anymore so here is my own variation for home cookin' and it was a hit! I didn't follow the recipe from the PIN exactly (I never do!), but I have placed my modified version below and you can decide for yourself. I say it's a must try!

What you need:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
  • seasoning salt such as Accent Seasoning or Cavendar's Greek Seasoning
  • 6 slices turkey bacon, cut in half
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1/3 cup honey (I only like local honey!)
  • 2 tablespoons mayo
  • 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
  • 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Directions:
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Cook turkey bacon in microwave until crisp (I use one of those cool bacon plates for the microwave and I love how turkey bacon cooks in the microwave!)
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and onion soup mix flakes.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet (try not to burn yourself, I always find this step tricky!)) and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Move chicken to an 11x7 inch or 9x9 inch pan.
Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with turkey bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.


Original recipe "Pinspiration" can be found on Six Sister's Stuff - they are awesome! 


No comments :