Mar 30, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole


Find it on Pinterest

Cook's Note: One of my friends tried this recipe from Pinterest and raved about it, so I decided to try it for my family. My toddler daughter ate every bite on her plate and my husband said it was "interesting" the night I made it, but said it was even better the next day. Opinion here is - this one is a keeper! I have adapted the recipe slightly and substituted peas for broccoli in my recipe, since my daughter loves peas. Thanks to Six Sisters for this recipe! 

What You Will Need: 

1 box of Savory Herb Stuffing Mix
1 (10  oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon Dijon pr Brown Spicy mustard
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups of peas
2 cups cooked, chopped ham steak
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
6 slices of Swiss cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375ºF.  Prepare stuffing as directed on the box.  Mix together soup and mustard in a medium bowl; stir in chicken, peas, ham steak and shredded Swiss cheese. Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; Bake 30 minutes, remove from oven and top with Swiss cheese slices, put back in the oven about 10 minutes or until Swiss is melted on top. 

This "Pinspiration" comes from Six Sisters Stuff

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yep I could see that being a winner in our house too. Ah yes, the green vegetable dilemma... Might have to make a version without to get our kids to try it.  。◕‿◕。

Suburban Epicurean said...

Thanks for stopping by! Please let us know how it turns out ~ we hope you'll come back to our site and let us know! Have a great day!