Mar 4, 2013

Fruity Red Wine Spritzer


Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: There was not a recipe linked to this Pin. It said red wine, sprite and strawberries. Another one I saw mentioned pears as well. So I took it upon myself to do whatever I wanted. As you can see, I didn't use pears, I used an orange instead and I used red wine sangria instead of plain red wine, so mine was really fruity, which was great. I had 6 ladies over for dinner and we drained it, it was awesome, but warning, you don't FEEL like you are drinking alcohol because it is that tasty. Enjoy!
Ingredients (my version):
  • Large  1.5 liter bottle of Red Wine Sangria (I used Cruz Garcia Real Sangria)
  • Approximately 8 strawberries diced
  • 1 medium navel orange in small slices
  • 1 Liter of Sprite (or less for more alcohol flavor)
Directions:
1. Diced strawberries and slice orange, place in your pitcher
2. Pour bottle of wine or sangria into pitcher over the fruit
3. Add Sprite and mix
4. cover top and refrigerate until ready to serve. ( I would not do this more then a few hours before you need it or your fruit will start to fall apart.)
Garnish each glass with mint, or an orange slice on the rim to make it extra pretty!


No comments :