Cooks Note: Now that the weather is getting warmer it is time to bust out the BBQ! I love the Spring because BBQing doesn't feel like it does in July when you feel like you are walking into a fiery inferno just to turn the meat! And for some reason, sun and warmer temps makes me want to eat lighter and healthier. So, in a pinch I decided to just make something up to top off the boring ol' chicken breasts that everyone grows so tired of. So, GREEK CHICKEN was born! No, not in Greece, right here in Northern Virginia! Now realize that I hardly invented it, but in my mind I did, so just humor me (wink wink). Enjoy!
What You Will Need:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 bottle salad dressing of your choice (oil based)
2 Large Roma tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
10-15 pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crumbled Feta cheese, for sprinkling
- Place 4 chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and pour the salad dressing in the bag with a few shakes each of salt and pepper. Zip the bag and put in the refrigerator for a couple hours to overnight.
- Chop tomatoes, onion and olives and place in a bowl
- Add salt and pepper and olive oil to the tomato mixture and stir.
- Grill chicken, remove and plate
- Spoon tomato mixture on top of chicken and sprinkle with as much or as little Feta as you like, and serve.