Sep 17, 2013

One Point Hummus


Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: My mother in law gave me this recipe after I raved about it once when she made it. I've been making this now for several years and its a great light snack dip to have around, especially if you are trying to watch your weight. The original recipe came from Weight Watchers, but I have modified it slightly to suit my tastes. 

This dip has a bit of a "kick", so leave out the cumin & allspice if you don't like those flavors or substitute/add in other varieties of flavor for this hummus such as Roasted Red Pepper, add more lemon or even top with Pine Nuts. You could play around with it and make it your own! 

What You Will Need: 

(1) 12 oz Can of Chick peas (drained)
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Garlic Cloves
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/8 tsp All Spice
Dash of Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
1 Tbsp Water

Directions: 

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and serve with Pita Chips or Veggies for a delightful and light snack!

Yields about 2 cups and the serving size is 2 Tsp, which comes out to 1 WW point per serving.

This "Pinspiration" Comes from Weight Watchers and my Mother in Law

No comments :