Oct 1, 2013

Nana's Butterscotch Apple Cake



Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: This is one of my absolute favorite cakes in the world. My Nana always made this for me when I was little and my Mom made it too. It was more of a family tradition type of dish and it still brings back wonderful memories of my childhood when I eat it. I wanted to share my family recipe with the world so that everyone can enjoy it. This is a fall staple in our family and I hope once you try it, it will be in your family too! 


What You Will Need: 

2 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of Applesauce
3 Eggs
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups of Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 Cup of  peeled and finely chopped apples (about 1-2 apples) - Add Last to mixture
1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips (this will be sprinkled on top)

Directions: 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

In your KitchenAid stand mixer, mix first three ingredients together until well blended. Add next 5 ingredients slowly until all are well blended. Lastly, using your paddle attachment - add the apples and slowly combine into the batter. If you are using a handheld mixer - just stir in the apples at the end. 

Pour batter into a greased, square cake pan and sprinkle the butterscotch chips evenly across the top of the batter. 

Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled well, cut the cake into squares and serve warm with vanilla ice cream for a WONDERFUL Fall treat! 




This "Pinspiration" comes from My Nana and my Mom! 



No comments :