Dec 23, 2013

Gooey Butter Cookies



Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: I am not a huge cookie fan. Yes, I know, it's weird, but I'm just not. Don't get me wrong, cookies are good, but if I had to chose a dessert to eat it would be something else, like bread pudding or flan. But I was going to a cookie exchange and I needed something quick, so I saw Gooey Butter Cookies on Pinterest and it made me think of Paula Deen. So, I made them. VERY easy. And surprisingly, really tasty. I hate it when you make cookies and then after a while they get all hard and old tasting. These don't, they stay moist and yummy and sort of taste like a cookie/cupcake. Try them for your Christmas Eve festivities! Enjoy!

Makes 2 Dozen


Ingredients: 

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 c butter
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese
1 egg
powdered sugar

Directions:

Beat butter, egg, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy
Mix in cake mix
Chill for 30 min
Roll into balls and dip into powdered sugar
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, and dust with powdered sugar on top if desired
This Pinspiration comes from LilLuna

No comments :