Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: So it has been awhile since we have posted anything, and I want to apologize, but sometimes life gets in the way and prevents us from doing some of the things we love and enjoy, like cooking and blogging! But, hopefully we are back in action and ready for the holidays with no more interruptions! That being said.....I have made this pound cake several times before. And as you know, I am a BIG fan of all things Southern Living, so this is a quick and easy pound cake that tastes like it took hours to make.
Now, it is pound cake, so it is very dense, but tastes amazing. I add strawberries and powdered sugar, but really you could add icing, other fruits, chocolate, caramel, pretty much anything. Try this during the holidays, I know everyone will love it, and it is pretty too. Let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Use an electric mixer to mix both butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat for 5 minutes, then add eggs one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding more. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and add gradually to the mixer, beating until well blended.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan or tube cake pan.
- Place 2 cups water in an ovenproof container on the rack in the oven next to the cake.
- Bake cake at 300 for an hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and complete cooling on the wire rack.
This Pinspiration comes from Southern Living