Jan 10, 2014

Almond Poppy Seed Bread


Cook's Note: I love homemade quick breads and this is one of my favorites. This recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch, which is my go-to cookbook when I am wanting to make something, but I just don't know what. I ran upon this recipe and it makes 6 mini loaves or 2 large loaves and 2 mini loaves. It is super easy and simple delicious. It also freezes well! 


What You Will Need: 
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Milk
2 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil

Directions: 
Mix together all ingredients in a stand mixer. Grease bread pans and pour batter evenly into all pans until 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until loaves are golden brown. 



This "Pinspiration" comes from Trish Menzia, Boulder Junction, WI in Gooseberry Patch's Merry Christmas Cookbook
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments :