Jan 30, 2014

Baked KFC Chicken


Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: I am very skeptical of recipes that say they taste like a restaurant, especially when it says it is just as good AND lower in fat and calories. Reading this Facebook post that my friend Robyn shared, I am thinking, I highly doubt that! I decided to give it a try because it was 4 pm and I had not even thought about dinner. Let me tell you, holy KFC! This tastes just like the Colonel's original recipe without the fat and the skin. I love this, I will make it again and again and I think you should too. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 Chicken Breasts or 10-12 chicken strips
1 tsp salt
2 T Season Salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups flour
4 tsp paprika
1/2 stick butter


Directions:

1Place chicken breasts or strips in a milk bath for 20-30 min
2. Mix together Salt, pepper, seasoning salt, paprika and flour in a large ziplock bag or bowl
3. Take Butter and cut it into small pieces and place in 9x13 baking dish in 400 degree oven till melted. 
4. Make sure the entire bottom of the baking dish is covered in melted butter
5. Shake excess milk off chicken and coat each piece in the mixture
6. Place each piece of chicken in baking dish
7. Bake for 20 min, turn chicken over and bake additional 20 min or until done

This recipe comes from Facebook