Jan 2, 2014

Low Fat Mini "Ice Cream Sandwiches"


Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: I am almost ashamed to admit it because it is sooooo cliche', but my resolution this year is to eat better, lose weight and be healthier. I know, I know, HOW do I think of these things!? Well, in the spirit of low-cal resolutions I made these fake ice cream sandwiches. These take about 3 minutes to put together, and you can make as many as you want, so the measurements are not exact. But this is a yummy snack or dessert with very few calories. I saw it on the Shape magazine website and made a change to make it lower in calories. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 

Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
Fat Free Cool Whip
Mini Chocolate Chips

Directions:

1. Place approximately a teaspoon of whip on the bottom wafer and top with the second wafer.

2. Sprinkle a small handful of mini chocolate chips on the outside edges of the sandwich

3. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours to simulate ice cream

4.Serve

No comments :