Jan 9, 2014

Neiman's Chocolate Chip Cookies



Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: Ok, okay .. we have ALL seen this famous recipe all over the internet for like 10 years and I have ALWAYS wanted to make these cookies, but was too lazy because I thought it looked too hard. Well, Christmas time came and went and I still didn't make these.. so on New Years Eve, I got a wild hair to make these and let me just tell you ... NO JOKE, these are the best cookies I have ever made. Here are the testimonies: 
1)  Friend approved! 
I took them to my friend's house on New Years Eve and got rave reviews from her entire family & they asked for the recipe.
2) Husband Approved! 
My husband said these are the best cookies I ever made.
3) Family Approved!
 My cousin came to visit and raved about these cookies and my toddler couldn't get enough of them  too. 
4) Approved by Me! 
I can testify that these are the best cookies I have ever made & I bake a lot, so there! :) 
Oh and last thought.. you really do NEED a stand mixer to make these cookies, otherwise, the batter is just too thick and it would be way too hard with a handheld mixer.

What You Will Need: 

1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder)
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 -8 ounce Hershey Bar (I only had a 1/5 oz. bar, so added more chocolate chips)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Directions: 

Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar in your stand mixer. 
Add eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
One at a time add flour, blended up oatmeal, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well mixed. 
At this point, you should be using the batter paddle and add milk chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts.
Use an ice cream scoop to ball dough onto cooking sheet (place two inches apart on a cookie sheet)
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes about 3 dozen.

ENJOY!!! 

This wonderful "pinspiration" comes from: Laundry in Louboutins (my new favorite blog by the way!) 

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Looks great! Glad you enjoyed them :) Thank you so much for your kind words... thanks for reading!