Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: I made these for Thanksgiving, just trying to change things up a bit and I am so glad I did. This recipe is simple, but has so much flavor and is beyond delicious. I actually have made this a 2nd time since Thanksgiving and plan on making it a staple for weeknight dinners. You can make this with or without the bacon, or with or without the cranberries. You could also add some pecans or additional Balsamic if you want. Any way you look at it, this is amazing and simple for holidays or everyday. Enjoy!
2-3 strips thick cut bacon
Splash of Olive Oil
25 fresh, raw brussel sprouts, sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon of salt to start, then more to taste. (I used course sea salt)
1/4 teaspoon pepper to start, then to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Drizzle of balsamic at the end
1. Rinse the brussel sprouts and then slices off the root ends
2. Thinly slice the brussel sprouts, slicing from the root to the tip
3. Dice the bacon and saute till almost crisp
4. Leave drippings and bacon in the pan as you add the brussel sprouts to saute
5. If the brussel sprouts look a little dry, give them a splash of olive oil, continue to saute
6. Once the brussel sprouts are cooked (7-8 minutes), add cranberries and continue to saute 2-3 min
7. After everything is cooked and mixed together, add butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir till well combined.
8. Right before you serve, drizzle with balsamic. Don't drench the brussel sprouts in balsamic, just enough for a little extra flavor.
This Pinspiration comes from HeartLoveAlways.com