Sep 8, 2015

French Onion Chicken Sandwich

Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: I love this sandwich! I am a big onion lover, so I knew this one would be good, but I didn't expect it to be this good. I did change a couple things, I used regular hamburger buns, but I buttered them and toasted them in the same pan I cooked the onions in, also, I made a garlic aioli to give the sandwich a little moisture. For the aioli I just took regular Hellman's light mayo and I added a little basil and some garlic powder. You can make it as garlicky as you want! This is a definite favorite in my house. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 t granulated sugar
  • 4 small boneless chicken breasts, either thin breasts or pounded thin
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 4 hamburger buns
  • baby spinach
  • Salt and Pepper to taste for chicken breasts
  • Mayo
  • Garlic powder to taste
  • Basil


Directions:
  1. In large skillet, add oil over medium heat. Add onion slices and sugar, cooking for 25 min or until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently. This step can be done in advance and the onions reheated prior to serving. 
  2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Either grill or saute chicken breasts till browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle. 
  3. Place cheese slices over chicken 1 minute prior to removing from heat. 
  4. Make aioli using as much mayo as needed and garlic and basil to taste
  5. Butter and toast hamburger buns if desired for extra flavor
  6. Assemble sandwiches using chicken, onions, aioli and spinach. Add other toppings as desired. 

This recipe comes from Foxes Love Lemons




No comments :