Sep 24, 2015

Pumpkin Pancakes

   


Find It On Pinterest
Cook's Note: I really don't need to say much here - if you've found this recipe, then you probably like Pumpkin everything like we do! You SERIOUSLY can not go wrong with pumpkin pancakes and they are mostly healthy (no oil!) and you are getting your pumpkin veggies (is Pumpkin a vegetable??). This was a REAL hit with my family. I encourage you to try them, you will love them!

What You Will Need:


3 cups Pancake Mix (I like Log Cabin All Natural pancake mix – so good!)

3 eggs

1 and 1/2 cups skim milk

1 can pumpkin puree (approx. 12-15 oz can)

2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp vanilla

Directions:


Whisk all ingredients together well until there are no lumps. If you have a stand mixer, use it for a smooth mix of all ingredients.

In a hot skillet, sprayed with COCONUT Non-Stick Cooking Spray (much healthier than regular non-stick cooking spray), drop your pancake batter into little pancake circles. You will know that they are ready to flip when they get very bubbly on top, then flip and brown the other side!

*** A trick that I use it to keep the oven set to “warm” and after each pancake is done, I place each pancake on a cookie sheet in the oven so that I will have a whole tray of warm pancakes to serve (rather than have some cold pancakes and some hot ones).

Top with REAL MAPLE SYRUP (not the chemical kind and I like Organic Real Maple Syrup) and fresh Whipped Cream for a DELICIOUS BREAKFAST that tastes like PUMPKIN PIE! You could even sprinkle some chopped pecans on top of your pancake stack for a REAL TREAT!

ENJOY!

This “Pinspiration” comes from: Something Sweet, Something Salty

2 comments :

Leslie said...

Hey there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment so I thought I would swing by to check our your blog.. It's wonderful here!!! These pumpkin pancakes literally make my mouth water. Pumpkin and October are best friends and we love flavors like that at our house:) I'll be back soon to browse some more!
Blessings!
Leslie

Suburban Epicurean said...

Hey Leslie! Thanks for visiting! The pumpkin pancakes are truly amazing, perfect for Fall weekend mornings with a big cup of coffee. Hope to see you again soon!