Sep 24, 2015

Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew

 
Find it On Pinterest


Cook’s Note: It was a chilly fall day earlier this week and I got in the mood for soup. A friend of mine had posted a recipe link (credit below) to a stew recipe on a new blog that I discovered called “Add a Pinch” and there you have it… I read over her recipe and then decided to tweak the recipe it to make it my own, with the ingredients that I already had on hand.
My husband said this was so good that he didn’t even need to add salt or pepper and that is a good sign! LOL . I served it with corn bread muffins on the side. What a nice dinner for a cold day!


What You Will Need:


1 pound of ground chicken or turkey breast

½ medium onion, diced

1 large bag of frozen mixed vegetables

2 cans of diced tomatoes (I like the one that has Basil and Oregano added)

1 box of 32 oz. Chicken Broth (I suggest Low Sodium and Organic)

1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning

2 tsp  Garlic Powder

1 tsp Onion Salt

1 Tbsp Ketchup

Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste


Directions:


Turn Slow Cooker on high and add Frozen Vegetable, Dice Tomatoes, Chicken Broth, seasonings and Ketchup and stir.
I know that ketchup seems like a weird ingredient, but it really does add such a nice taste!

 In a large skillet, cook ground turkey or chicken breast and onion until cooked through and browned. When done, add to slow cooker and stir well.

Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6  hours.                  

 ENJOY!!
 

This “Pinspiration” comes from: Add a Pinch       

No comments :