Oct 28, 2015

Crockpot Baked Apples


Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note:  I had a craving for apples this week! Fall is underway and Halloween is fast approaching! The leaves are a lovely golden yellow, orange and red and the wind has that gentle breeze that calls my name outside today. I decided to cozy up to this recipe and throw the ingredients in a crock pot and let the smell overtake my home!

What You Will Need:
6-8 apples, Peeled, Cored and Sliced
1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/4 Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes

Directions:
Place apples into crockpot and top with rest of ingredients. Stir mixture and cook for 4 hours or until apples are soft.

Serve however you like! Ideas: You can place in a bowl and top with Whipped Cream or Ice Cream. Eat at breakfast on top of toast or an English Muffin, the ideas can go on and on! :)

This "Pinspiration" comes from: Eat Drink Love

ENJOY!




2 comments :

Unknown said...

I want to make these for Christmas, but it doesn't say whether to cook for four hours on low or high. Will you clarify for me? Thanks!

Suburban Epicurean said...

Thanks, Elizabeth - cook On Low :)