Sep 22, 2016

Our Fall Home Tour 2016

Welcome to the Fall Home Tour 2016! Today is the first day of fall, although, you wouldn't know it by the temperature outside (it's 80 degrees here in Virginia!). There is a hint of fall in the air and we always look forward to this time of year. It reminds us of our childhood. The anticipation of fun fall activities like apple picking, wearing sweaters, eating pumpkin flavored foods, cozy blankets, bonfires, planting mums, picking out your pumpkin, carving pumpkins, drinking apple cider, leaves changing - and these are in no particular order. 

Our favorite thing is decorating for fall. I have not put out Halloween decor yet, just Fall for now. We'd like to share the nooks and crannies of our home with you! Won't you join us for a tour?


We did an "Autumn Home Tour 1) and "Autumn Home Tour 2 "post last fall (2015) and we loved doing that, so we thought we'd do it again this year! 


The new sign that says "Happy Pumpkin Spice Season" was given to me by my best friend and co-author here. She knows me all too well! I hang it with pride and LOVE my newest fall decor. 



Amanda's Fall Home Tour



The wreath on my front door... I bought the burlap wreath pre-made and I just put a wooden letter "S" on it and change out the bow and decor on it every season. 





 This simple pumpkin "Happy Fall Y'all" sign belonged to my Mother and used to hang on her front door every fall. When I was younger, I used to hate it and think it was stupid. I now I proudly hang it in my house - it reminds me of her and my roots - I am a southern girl, after all! 

My antique hallway table belonged to my grandmother (it's over 50 years old) and the table alone is dear to me! I change up the table decor seasonally for fun. 


Here is a fall wreath that I made myself - I have it hanging in the kitchen, I like it, its very festive!



My mantle... I love it, what can I say? I bought the mirror about 5 years ago and its one of my favorite things in my house. I don't know why, it just is!


 This bowl is just a concoction of pumpkins that I bought a Michael's, surrounded by more pumpkins and wooden acorns. 

Lastly, here is my living room table with white pumpkin candy jar. It's simple, but I love it. I've had this candy jar for years! 



Nichole's Fall Home Tour

Amanda's fall decor is so festive and pretty, and the best part about it is that many of the pieces have meaning to her and great sentimental value. Love that! I am going to jump right in with a few pics from what I have done so far, I am not finished with my outdoor decor, so I will give a little sneak peek for now at the gorgeous mums on my porch (before I likely kill them). Come on in everyone......

This is a new creation this year, I started with the wooden box and just thought, Cinderella pumpkins would be perfect! I keep this on my coffee table so everyone can see over it, but it still provides a nice centerpiece. 




Welcome to the coffee station. There are pods in the white pumpkin and a pumpkin mug ready to go. We use this spot more than any other in the kitchen and I like the whites with a little fall twist. 


The dining room table always gets a centerpiece that screams Fall, so this year I purchased some lanterns from Pier 1 and embellished. You can't see it here but there are tiny lights strung throughout the leaves. 


My stone fireplace is so pretty I like to do it up big without over doing it. I think it turned out pretty good this year and I love my monogrammed pumpkin from a sweet friend for my birthday. 


The couch needs to be pretty and comfortable, so I opted for plaids, browns and oranges this year and I love it! It is very cozy and with our plaid fuzzy blanket it just screams Fall. 



As I mentioned before my porch is not yet totally transformed, but here is a peek at the mums, which are just incredible and a leftover Summer plant that was too pretty to throw away. My tiny scarecrow is barely noticeable in all that greenery! 


Just a small acorn gives the powder room a little Fall feel. 


This big guy resides in the kitchen and is great to store those Fall baked goods that start showing up in the house around this time of year. 


We hope you enjoyed the Fall Home Tour 2016! We are so happy you were here to share the beginning of our favorite season!

Welcome Fall


                     






2 comments :

KinderLearningBunnies said...

Loved the tours. I can't believe that you have a white sofa and three kids. Are you nuts? A little fall humor there. T

Suburban Epicurean said...

Hahaha KinderLearningBunnies, in fact I am a little nuts! Lucky for me the slipcover can be bleached, so far so good!