Dec 23, 2017

Slow Cooker Chex Mix Munch



Cook's Note: Every year, since birth - my family's tradition is to make Chex Mix of some sort during Christmas. My Nana used to make it and then my Mom, then my Dad and now me!! :)

We munch on this the entire week leading up to Christmas and even a few days after (if there is any left). There are several methods to making this dish. A few include: 1) In the Microwave, 2) In the Oven and a new method is 3) In the Slow Cooker or Crock Pot. I saw this crock pot recipe on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try! I will say that its super EASY (which is wonderful if you are busy) and I could let this cook in the kitchen while I made other treats for Christmas. Give it a try - I think you will like it!

What You Will Need:
3 Cups of Rice Chex
3 Cups of Wheat Chex
3 Cups Corn Chex
3 Cups of Cheerios
1 Cup of Pretzel Sticks
1 Cup of Peanuts or Mixed Nuts
6 Tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
1/4 Cup of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
6-7 Dashes of Texas Pete (or hot sauce of your choice!)

Directions:
Turn Slow Cooker on High.

Place all of the dry ingredients in the crock pot.

Mix together Butter, Worcestershire and all remaining seasonings in a measuring cup and pour evenly on chex mix in the crock pot. Gently toss to coat and place lid on Slow Cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high, stirring thoroughly once an hour or as often as you feel needed.

Since my slow cooker lid doesn't have a little hole where steam can escape, I used several paper towels (or you could use a damp kitchen towel) under the lid to catch the condensation (otherwise you will have soggy chex mix).
*DISCLAIMER: It is not recommended to use paper towels under the lid due to potential fire hazard, so do this with caution or don't do it at all.

When done, place Wax Paper strips on your counter top and dump the Chex Mix to allow to cool. Once cooled, store in a large container for up to 3 weeks. MINE DOES NOT LAST THAT LONG BECAUSE WE EAT IT ALL!

See the chex mix here on my counter!!! It's a BEAUTIFUL Sight to see!



Makes a great gift for friends and neighbors if you place in a cute container and wrap with a cute bow!

This "Pinspiration" and very awesome slow cooker method Gimme Some Oven"
comes from "

ENJOY and MERRY CHRISTMAS 2017!




No comments :